MOVIOLA PBS TV SPECIAL :.
|This is the John Barry
Documentary broadcasted by the time of the release of his
Moviola album on Epic. It was
seen on PBS and there must be a promo video.
Thanks to Alastair Palmer
from San Pedro, California for sending me this DVD!
Starring: John Barry, Richard Attenborough, Kevin Costner, Sydney Pollack, Jane Seymour, Kathleen Turner
Director: Jeb Brien
Video Release Date: 1992
Run Time: 55 min.
Transcription of the program:
Note: The program has some takes with John Barry talking
and other takes with some of the directors that worked with him,
plus some scenes from those movies and the music is heard as
John Barry conducts some of the tracks but in a very elegant way
with him and the musicians as shadows with satin backgrounds
giving more importance to the music than the performance.
This is a transcript as much as I could follow of this special,
I might add some more lines later.
Also, the breaks in the following transcript are mine to help
with the reading, the program has no breaks.
- Opening credits
- Scenes from "Dances with Wolves while John Barry talks about
the music of this film and his relationship with Kevin Costner
- Kevin Costner talks about the music
- John Barry conducting a theme from "Dances with Wolves"
- John Barry, Kevin Costner and Richard Attenborough talks about
how the trust in the composer for the work he is doing for the
- Scenes from "Chaplin"
- John Barry conducting the theme from "Born Free"
- John Barry talks about the music for "Born Free" and tells how
unhappy this experience was
- Scenes from "Born Free"
- John Barry, Sidney Pollack and Kevin Costner talk about the
vocabulary between the composer and the director
- John Barry conducting the theme from "Body Heat"
- Scenes from "Body Heat"
- John Barry talks about casting and Kathleen Turner
- Kathleen Turner talks about when the first she heard the music
for the music and how appropiate it was
- Sidney Pollack talks about how music is connected to the movie
- John Barry talks about the music theme for a movie
- Richard Attenborough talks about how John Barry comes with
original ideas when he composes
- John Barry conducting the theme from "Chaplin"
- John Barry talk about the Chaplin theme and how the scene
where he removes his makeup and the sadness of that scene gave
birth to how the theme was approached
- Richard Attenborough talks about the first time he heard the
theme for Chaplin
- Sidney Pollack talks about John Barry look for the emotional
- Scenes from "Midnight Cowboy"
- John Barry talks about his beginnings and how he always wanted
to write music for films
- Sidney Pollack talks a bit about Barry's beginnings
- John Barry conducting the theme from "Somewhere in Time"
- Scenes from "Somewhere in Time"
- John Barry and Jane Seymour talk about the music from
"Somewhere in Time"
- John Barry talks about the circumstances around the
composition of the music for that movie
- Scenes from "Out of Africa"
- John Barry conducting the theme from "Out of Africa"
- John Barry and Sidney Pollack talk about the feeling for the
music of that movie
- Kevin Costner and Richard Attenborough comment about John
- Final words from John Barry about his work
- Closing Credits
The directors talk about John Barry and the relationship between
composers and directors
Kathleen Turner and Jane Seymour talk about the music in the
films they were involved
for more screenshots >>
you have information on more resources Videos, Audio or Printed
Materials? Contact me and let us know about it!