first volume on Film Score Monthly
videos presents an interview to Basil Poledouris at his house,
with brief footage from rehearsal and with his family.
Directed by Michael Rosendale
Format: Color, NTSC
Studio: Vineyard Haven
Video Release Date: 1997
Time: Approx. 50 min.
An intimate profile of the composer of film and television
scores such as 'Lonesome Dove', 'Conan the Barbarian',
'Robocop', 'Free Willy', and 'Starship Troopers'. 1997.
1. Opening Credits/Introduction (2:30)
2. Starship Troopers (6:30)
3. Big Wednesday/John Milius/Conducting (6:30)
4. Childhood, Family, and Getting Started (6:30)
5. A Place for Composing (3:00)
6. Conan the Barbarian (2:30)
7. ZoŽ's Tour and Demo Song (2:30)
8. Sailing (1:30)
9. Free Willy (2:30)
10. Modern Scoring Responsibilities/Aspects of the Job (2:30)
11. Centennial Olympic Games/Greek Influences (3:00)
12. Lonesome Dove/The Emmy (3:30)
13. Dreams (1:30)
14. Conclusion/CD Covers (Farewell to the King) (4:00)
Basil Poledouris and his wife
Basil Poledouris conducting
Basil and Conan
ZoŽ's Demo Song
Man and his Boat
you have information on more resources Videos, Audio or Printed
Materials? Contact me and let us know about it!